III Edition WindEnergy Hamburg 2022
WindEnergy Hamburgo held its 3rd edition on September 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th. An event that is established as a meeting point between the main references and participants of the onshore and offshore wind energy sector and Acebron Group did not miss the opportunity to attend hand in hand with GOE-Asime / Galician Offshore Energy Group.
At the fairgrounds, more than 1,400 international exhibitors showcased the full range of innovations and solutions offered by the onshore and offshore wind industry, demonstrating its leading role in driving the expansion of renewable energies internationally.
Key to the energy transition
Dr. Robert Habeck, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, stressed the importance of the event:
The deployment of wind energy and the expansion of renewable energies in general are more urgent and important than ever. An accelerated energy transition is the key to a secure and sustainable energy supply, not only in Germany, but throughout Europe.
Bernd Aufderheide, President and CEO of Hamburg Messe und Congress, also pointed out the urgency of holding this fair:
The global wind energy industry urgently needed an opportunity to meet in person and discuss the most pressing issues in these times of energy and climate crisis.
The conference program also attracted a large number of visitors, 78% of whom said they took advantage of the varied conference program. These conferences were organized between WindEnergy and its partners: the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), the European industry association WindEurope, the federal organization Bundesverband WindEnergie e.V. (BWE) and the German engineering industry association VDMA Power Systems.
The participating national and international industry organizations were unanimous in drawing a positive conclusion from the fair.
Sven Utermöhlen, President of WindEurope and CEO of the offshore wind division of RWE Renewables insisted on the main objectives that had been set:
- Ensure energy security for our industries and people.
- Reducing climate change
- Growth of renewable energies, especially boosting wind energy.
Dr. Dennis Rendschmidt, CEO of VDMA Power Systems, added: “Wind energy is the key to resilience, security of supply and climate neutrality of the energy system.”
Industry visitors also gave the event top marks: 97% said that their expectations at WindEnergy Hamburg had been fully met. Among the most important reasons given for attending this trade fair they point out:
- Need for information on new products and trends.
- Gaining a better general understanding of the market
- To take advantage of networking opportunities and to establish new and renew existing business links.
WindEnergy Hamburg ended with the entire wind energy sector showing great optimism and anticipation for the future of renewable energies.
Balance Acebron Group
The balance of the fair has been very positive, it was a great opportunity to meet with customers, partners and friends of the sector.
- This year, despite having been a year in which in general there has been a high workload, it has remained very complicated economically for all companies due to the significant increase in costs, especially energy and raw materials, and the uncertainty that exists at the international level. However, the critical energy situation we are going through has highlighted the need to boost and promote renewable energies, and more specifically wind power.
- Offshore wind will play a critical role in achieving the energy objectives and we have been able to see first hand the interest that this energy awakens as well as the important opportunities that it offers for all the agents and companies in the sector.