Repair of Butterfly Valve | Fervenza I Hydroelectric Power Station
We provide the most reliable solutions accompanying our customers to achieve their technological challenges and ensuring the highest quality:
- 12,313 components manufactured or refurbished by ACEBRON GROUP
- 121 projects in which we have collaborated
- 53 hydroelectric plants to which we have supplied components or equipment or in which we have carried out rehabilitations
- 6 countries to which we have supplied equipment or components
Fervenza I Hydroelectric Power Station valve rehabilitation
Recently in Acebron Group we have carried out a rehabilitation of the butterfly valve of the Fervenza I HPP. It was the first rehabilitation carried out on this valve that has been in operation since the 70s. For this purpose, an initial pressure test and a final one after the repair were carried out, in which the correct execution of the repair was verified.
This final pressure test was carried out satisfactorily at our facilities in the presence of our customer at 5 kg of pressure.
Principles of the butterfly valve
Butterfly valves are frequently used in hydroelectric power plants and dams. They have various applications, the most common of which are:
- Conduit protection: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the conduit. In general, the valves used in this type of application are characterised by large diameters.
- Turbine protection: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the turbine. Typically, valves used in this type of application are characterised by high water pressures.
- Water discharge line: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the upstream discharge.
- Water inlet: the valve is used to open/close the intake tower inlet lines.
Repairs and maintenance
Our technical equipment and state-of-the-art machinery allow us to carry out repairs and maintenance both at our own facilities and at the hydroelectric power stations.
Repair of hydroelectric power plants:
- Rehabilitation and repair of Francis, Kaplan and Pelton turbine components (covers, bearings, bearing holders, guide vanes, distribution ring, regulation ring, fork and other servomotor parts, leakage tray, pump casing, shafts, labyrinths, tripod, coal gasket, distributor parts,…).
- Damper refurbishment
- Repair of valves
- Dismantling and assembly in the workshop and at the head office.
- Drawing of plans.
- Inspections, NDT, 3D measurements.
- Cleaning, blasting, painting.
- Welding weld overlay.
- Supply of commercial elements.
- Supply of new parts that cannot be refurbished.
- Final testing.
- Reverse engineering.